Thursday 1 December 2011

music on the road

Fort Cochin

1st December 2011

Really really really missing my decks at the moment. Haven't really heard any decent music out here - aside from the novel Indian music, which most of the time sounds very samey to my uneducated western ears - and would love just an hour with my 1210's. (You better be rigging them hard Mikey!) Save for Babu's compilation Cd's (never actually got one seeing as our relationship ended on a sour note due to lack of baksheesh) and some shit "goa-trance" the trip has been severely lacking in decent music. Which is why the gamble to bring my ipod and Sennheiser's along has paid off immeasurably. As I am entering the final ten days in India I thought I would use this platform to compile a short list of tunes/mixes which have served as a soundtrack to lazy days spent on a beach and hours sat observing the world go by from the window of a train or bus. That being said, much of the time I've spent here an ipod hasn't been required as the natural soundtrack which plays everyday from every street corner, is part of what makes this country so interesting. I am however bored and ill in Fort Cochin, Kerala (only slightly ill, think of it as a diet-Delhi belly) so here is a selection from the most-played playlist.....

anthony and the johnsons - fistful of love

talib kweli - get by

dizraeli - take me dancing

louche 49 - futureboogie (podcast)

willy mason - oxygen

bunny wailer - dreamland

the adventures of soul clap - 7L steps into the AM

burial - raver

split prophets - ain't amused

slow hands - beats in space podcast 13-9-2011

x




No comments:

Post a Comment